Release date: Wednesday, March 29, 2006
Cakewalk® Announces Free 5.2 Update for SONAR™ Audio Production Environment
—New features include VST 2.4 support for 64-bit double precision VST plug-ins and Windows x64 compatibility, enhancements to VSTi, ReWire, and Control Surface implementation, more—
MUSIKMESSE 2006, (Hall 5.1, Stand C 65), Frankfurt, Germany, (29 March 2006) — Cakewalk, the leading developer of music and sound software, today announces the free 5.2 update for SONAR 5, the definitive audio production environment. The SONAR 5.2 update for both 32-bit and native x64 versions of SONAR 5 Producer Edition and SONAR 5 Studio Edition will be available early April 2006 as a free download for registered SONAR 5 customers at www.cakewalk.com.
The result of active dialog with our users and close monitoring of industry standards, the free SONAR 5.2 update continues Cakewalk’s commitment toward providing the best in product support. Through its support for the VST 2.4 specification, the SONAR 5.2 update reinforces Cakewalk’s leadership role in bringing the benefits of 64-bit double precision processing and audio quality to the art of music production.
SONAR 5.2 Update Highlights:
- VST 2.4 support, allowing for 64-bit double-precision audio quality through VST effects and instruments, along with compatibility with Windows XP Professional x64 Edition. (Note: SONAR 5’s BitBridge technology allows pre- VST 2.4 plug-ins to run in SONAR’s x64 environment)
- Support for MIDI output data from VSTi plug-ins
- Support for Waves VST plug-ins (Note: Waves DirectX plug-ins have always been supported)
- Support for up to 4,096 MIDI channels to any ReWire device (up from 16)
- Extensions to SONAR’s Control Surface capabilities allowing Control Surfaces to receive multi-channel metering information and to get/set punch states
- In addition, the update addresses issues reported by customers after SONAR’s initial release specifically regarding VST automation, SONAR’s Piano Roll and Inline Piano Roll, and Perfect Space
Pricing and Availability
About Cakewalk, Inc.
Registered SONAR 5 customers can download the free SONAR 5.2 update in early April 2006 at www.cakewalk.com. SONAR 5 Producer Edition has a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $799 U.S. (MSRP); SONAR 5 Studio Edition is $479 U.S. (MSRP). For more information, visit Cakewalk on the web at www.cakewalk.com or call 888-CAKEWALK, +1 (617) 423-9004.
Cakewalk, Inc. is the world's leading developer of powerful, yet easy to use products for music creation and recording:
Millions of musicians around the world choose Cakewalk products to produce audio for the professional music, film, broadcast, and video game industries. These customers include Grammy® and Emmy®-winning producers, composers, sound designers and engineers. We invite you to learn more about our company and products by visiting www.cakewalk.com
Cakewalk is a registered trademark and the Cakewalk logo and SONARare trademarks of Cakewalk, Inc. Other trademarks mentioned are held by their respective owners. All specifications and appearances are subject to change without notice.