Release date: Monday, August 11, 2008
Cakewalk® releases pyro Audio Creator 1.5
—Popular software suite takes digital music management to new heights. pyro Audio Creator 1.5 provides enhanced tools to maintain, edit and share your multi-format music library, from LPs to MP3s, CDs to DVDs and even Blu-Ray—
Boston, MA—Cakewalk, the world's leading developer of powerful and easy to use products for music creation and recording, today releases pyro Audio Creator 1.5, a collection of essential tools for creating, editing and publishing your music collection. Audio Creator 1.5 has an estimated street price of $39.99; it will also be available as a free download to existing Audio Creator 1.0 customers starting mid-August, 2008.
Built on the same technology found in Cakewalk's industry-leading SONAR digital audio workstation, with Audio Creator's virtual toolbox, you are just a click away from recording and editing audio; burning and ripping CDs; cleaning and converting albums to CD or MP3; encoding, tagging, and organizing your sound library; backing up your files to data CD, DVD, or Blu-Ray; and publishing music to the Internet.
- 1-click recording: capture musical performances, meetings, vinyl records, cassettes, podcasts, Internet broadcasts, and more
- Professional 2-track audio editing: includes hiss and pop removal, volume control, crossfades, effects, and more
- Encode, convert, and save audio to popular formats like MP3, WMA, WAV, FLAC, and AIFF
- Convert audio to formats for use with iTunes®, iPod®, Zune™, and other digital audio players
- Digitize, clean, and organize your vinyl record and cassette collection
- Rip your entire CD collection to a digital format
- Instantly download song, album, and artist names for your CDs
- Burn gapless audio CDs to share with family and friends; Audio Creator burns Redbook-compliant CDs
- Create backup data CDs, DVDs and Blu-Ray for safekeeping
- Tag, rename, and organize multiple audio files all at once
- Upload custom, streaming music players to share on MySpace, Blogger, and other web sites
- Get started quickly with video tutorials
Use pyro Audio Creator for everyday tasks including:
- Digitizing your vinyl, tape, or CD collection
- Making MP3s of recordings for popular portable devices like the iPod
- Creating mega-mixes where one song seamlessly flows into the other
- Creating podcasts
- Recording business meetings (or any audio source)
- Editing audio files
- Removing noise and clicks from your audio—perfect for recorded vinyl
- Organizing your sound library
- Sharing music online
- And much more
Pricing and Availability
pyro Audio Creator 1.5 has an estimated street price of $39.99 U.S. Cakewalk Products are available at select consumer electronics and computer retailers including Target, Staples, Fry's Electronics, J&R Music & Computer World, Micro Center, and Amazon.com. Audio Creator is also available direct from Cakewalk.com as a download. Registered pyro Audio Creator 1.0 customers can download version 1.5 for free starting mid-August, 2008.
For more information, visit www.cakewalk.com or call 888-CAKEWALK (617-423-9004 outside the U.S.).
About Cakewalk, Inc.
Cakewalk, Inc. is the world's leading developer of powerful, yet easy to use products for music creation and recording:
Millions of musicians around the world choose Cakewalk products to produce audio for the professional music, film, broadcast, and video game industries. These customers include Grammy® and Emmy®-winning producers, composers, sound designers and engineers. We invite you to learn more about our company and products by visiting www.cakewalk.com
Cakewalk is a registered trademark and the Cakewalk logo, SONAR, and Music Creator are trademarks of Cakewalk, Inc. V-Studio is a trademark of Roland Corporation. Other trademarks mentioned are held by their respective owners. All specifications and appearances are subject to change without notice.