Release date: Monday, September 22, 2008
Cakewalk® Announces SONAR Home Studio 7 and
—Newest release of industry-leading home studio software includes updated, streamlined user interface, enhanced loop explorer, workflow assistants and a host of additional features—
Boston, MA—Cakewalk, the world's leading developer of powerful and easy to use products for music creation and recording, today announces new versions of its popular SONAR Home Studio and SONAR Home Studio titles.
Version 7 focuses on enhancing the user experience and simplifying the product interface. By streamlining the workflow and restructuring controls in an intuitive, logical order, SONAR Home Studio 7 users—especially those new to the product —will have an exceptionally easy and fun first-time experience.
Both versions of SONAR Home Studio 7 also enhance the user experience with improved support through new tutorials in the Getting Started Guide, video tutorials, and a comprehensive online help guide.
New Version 7 Features:
- Streamlined user interface for better workflow
- Enhanced Loop Explorer to find and audition both audio and MIDI loops
- Workflow enhancements to help users quickly create new tracks and audio routings for better mixes
- Instrument Tracks to demystify the soft synth experience
- Tutorials to get users up and running quickly, even with no prior recording experience
SONAR Home Studio 7 XL
SONAR Home Studio 7 XL adds greater value and functionality, incorporating additional music production features such as Studio Instruments while retaining previous popular elements such as Boost 11 Peak Limiter and Dimension LE.
Exclusive SONAR Home Studio 7 XL Features
- Studio Instruments back up band (individual VSTis for Drums, Electric Bass, Electric Piano, and String Section) with a new expansion pack from Digital Sound Factory
- Dimension LE combining real and synthesized instrument sounds
- Garritan Pocket Orchestra for Dimension LE providing high quality orchestral sounds
- Studio Devil VGA+ Guitar Amp Simulator
- Step Sequencer for programming drum parts and synth lines
- Boost 11 Peak Limiter for maximizing the punch of your final mix
SONAR Home Studio 7 and 7 XL: Choose your weapon:
SONAR Home Studio 7 and Home Studio 7 XL are ideal for a wide range of customers, including:
- Musicians looking for a powerful, inexpensive, and simple recording solution
- Bands that need to create high-quality demos
- Solo guitarists who need to create songs with backing tracks including drums, bass, and more
- Hip Hop artists looking to create new beats and remixes
- Students new to recording who want an affordable, easy-to-use tool
- Small, start-up labels looking for a complete solution that takes them from creation to delivery
US Pricing and availability
SONAR Home Studio 7 has a manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) of $139 U.S., and $209 U.S. for Studio 7 XL. Both will begin shipping in October, 2008. Registered SONAR Home Studio 6 customers can upgrade to SONAR Home Studio 7 directly through Cakewalk for $59 U.S. Other upgrade paths are available, visit www.cakewalk.com for details.
Pricing and availability outside the U.S.
SONAR Home Studio 7 and SONAR Home Studio 7 XL will ship with English, French and German printed documentation; the included electronic Quick Start guides will ship in these languages as well as Italian and Spanish. SONAR Home Studio 7 is available through Roland and Edirol distribution partners. In Europe, SONAR Home Studio 7 has a manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) of €105.00/£71.00 inc. VAT, and SONAR Home Studio 7 XL has an MSRP of €158.00/£107.00 inc. VAT.
Both will be shipping October, 2008. Customers outside the US can purchase upgrades through their local retailer or direct from Cakewalk.com.
For localized pricing and availability visit:
About Cakewalk, Inc.
- Edirol Europe (United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, Austria)
- Intelliware Australia
- Roland Brazil
- Roland Canada
- Roland Central Europe (Belgium, France, Netherlands & Luxembourg)
- Roland Eastern Europe
- Roland Switzerland
- Roland Iberia (Portugal, Spain)
- Roland Scandinavia (Denmark, Norway, Finland, Sweden, Russia, and Iceland)
Cakewalk, Inc. is the world's leading developer of powerful, yet easy to use products for music creation and recording:
Millions of musicians around the world choose Cakewalk products to produce audio for the professional music, film, broadcast, and video game industries. These customers include Grammy® and Emmy®-winning producers, composers, sound designers and engineers. We invite you to learn more about our company and products by visiting www.cakewalk.com
Cakewalk is a registered trademark and the Cakewalk logo, SONAR, and Music Creator are trademarks of Cakewalk, Inc. V-Studio is a trademark of Roland Corporation. Other trademarks mentioned are held by their respective owners. All specifications and appearances are subject to change without notice.