Note: Cakewalk support has identified another issue where the x64 version of Dimension Pro may fail when inserted into a project. If you are experiencing this please click here for more information.
The information in this article applies to:
- SONAR 8.5 Producer
- SONAR 8 Producer Edition
- Dimension Pro
The Dimension Pro disc included with SONAR 8 Producer Edition does not include the x64 version. If you are using an x64 edition of Windows and would like to use the native x64 version of Dimension Pro on Windows x64 see the instructions below.
In order to access this free download you must be a registered Dimension Pro customer. If you have not registered your product you can register online now.
- Click here to download the version 1.2 update.
- Run the 'DimensionPro1.2Updater.exe' to apply the patch
- Once the installer is finished, you will have to run SONAR with Administrative Privileges. To do this, right-click on the SONAR 8 icon and select "Run as Administrator".
Note: you will need to launch SONAR with Administrative Privileges each time you wish to use the x64 version of Dimension Pro. To apply this change permanently, right-click on your SONAR 8 icon and select "Properties". On the Compatibility Tab, place a check mark next to "Run this program as an administrator". Click Apply then OK.
- In SONAR, go to Options | Global and click on the VST Plug-ins Tab
- Click Add... under VST Scan Folder(s) and add the following directory: C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro
- Click Scan VST Folders and wait for the VST Scanner to finish.
- When the VST Scanner finishes, ensure that you are using the 64-bit version of Dimension Pro by doing the following:
- From the Tools menu select Cakewalk Plug-in Manager
- Under the heading 'Plug-in Categories' on the left click on DirectX Instruments (DXi) and/or VST Instruments (VSTi)
- Under the 'Registered Plug-ins' section in the center locate and click on Dimension Pro so that it is highlighted
- On the bottom of the Plug-in Manager locate the 'Filename:' field
- The name of the file being used should be 'Dimension Pro64.dll'