Several months ago, we promised to deliver a SONAR Mac Alpha. To build it, we collaborated with a company called CodeWeavers. CodeWeavers has a technology called CrossOver that is basically a Windows-to-Mac translator, allowing native Windows applications to run on a Mac.
Together, Cakewalk and CodeWeavers used CrossOver to enable a native Windows version of SONAR Home Studio to run on a Mac. We’ve packaged this product for release as a SONAR Mac Prototype, available now as a free download to all who are interested.
Read the full story:
- SONAR Mac Prototype uses more CPU resources than the Windows version
- Toast Notifications do not appear for plug-in scanning or authorization status
- Style Dial plug-ins do not draw correctly after reloading a project
- Alt + Delete Key on Mac required to Edit | Delete
- The Track icon appearance is distorted or pixelated
- SONAR Start Screen does not display project images