Release date: Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Cakewalk® Now Shipping New Line of Portable Cable-Based Interface Products
—New Audio Interface and Three New MIDI Interfaces Now Available, Allow Musicians of All Levels to Easily Connect Instruments to their Computer Via USB—
Frankfurt, Germany, Musikmesse (Hall 5.1, Walkway B, Stand 56) (1 April, 2009) - Cakewalk, the world's leading developer of powerful and easy to use products for music creation and recording, announces the UA-1G USB audio interface, and UM-1G, UM-2G, and UM-3G MIDI interfaces are now shipping worldwide.
These cable-interface products are designed to easily connect musical instruments and other components to a computer. Compact and affordable, the interfaces are ideal for a wide range of digital music creators — from hobbyists to professionals — who need to connect instruments, MIDI devices, or other equipment to either a Mac or PC. All interfaces are USB-bus powered, requiring no AC adaptor, and afford users enhanced mobility for recording on the go.
The UA-1G audio interface is a compact 1 stereo in/1 stereo out USB Audio Interface that offers excellent-quality sound via multiple connection options and a simple, user-friendly design. The UA-1G is a perfect solution for use with a laptop in mobile or portable environments, whether it's the tour bus, hotel lobby, rehearsal studio or and even at home. Hobbyists can use the UA-1G to record tapes or vinyl to a computer, or for a higher-quality audio connection from their computer to their home entertainment system.
- 24-bit/96kHz audio quality
- Low latency ASIO 2.0 performance (PC); UA-1G is also WDM (Windows Vista, Windows XP) and Core Audio (Mac OS X) compatible
- Large Input Level knob for easy control while recording
- Includes Cakewalk's SONAR LE digital audio workstation for high-quality music recording, mixing, editing, and publishing
- Contains high-end A/D and D/A converters for accurate recording and playback
- An electret condenser microphone input, similar to, but higher quality than the "MIC-IN" on most internal soundcards
- Headphone output with volume control to quickly and easily listen to audio from your computer
- A 1/4" jack with Hi-Z option which is ideal for recording high-impedance instruments like electric guitar or bass
- S/PDIF optical I/O
The new UM-1G, UM-2G, and UM-3G MIDI interfaces all feature:
- Compact, cable-style interface with a sleek form factor
- Mac and PC compatibility
- Independent MIDI OUT/THRU hardware selection switch for each output, providing convenient functionality even if your computer is turned off
- FPT (Fast Processing Technology) for fast, stable MIDI data transmission, as well as lower latency performance through FPT's Advance Driver mode
- Standard OS-based driver mode for instant connection to computers even when drivers are not available
Specific highlights of each MIDI Interface include:
The UM-1G is Perfect for hobbyists who want to connect a MIDI keyboard to a computer, or musicians who need MIDI connectivity to control or record music with a computer. Its MIDI interface is ideal for small studios or academic settings where only one MIDI device will be connected in close proximity to the computer. In live performance settings, customers can use the UM-1G to control a synth, drum machine, MIDI light set-up, or master recording console.
- 1-In/1-Out MIDI port (male), with LED indicators for MIDI I/O signal monitoring
- MIDI Check switch for quick troubleshooting of MIDI connections
- MIDI cables are engraved with "Connect to MIDI In" and "Connect to MIDI Out" labels for no confusion when connecting devices
The UM-2G is the ideal MIDI interface for musicians, producers or recording engineers with more than one MIDI device in a small studio or portable MIDI configuration.
- Features 2-In/2-Out MIDI ports (female), 32 channels of MIDI to control hardware and software
- Provides ability to connect multiple MIDI keyboards, sound modules, control surfaces, and other devices to a computer
The UM-3G was designed with the mid- to larger-sized studio in mind. It's a great solution for live settings using multiple MIDI applications, including traditional instruments, synths, sequencers and live sound, lighting, and special effects.
- 3-In/3-Out MIDI Ports (female)
- Controls up to 48 channels of MIDI equipment
- Expandable design allows you to daisy-chain up to three UM-3G interfaces providing nine total MIDI inputs and outputs without the need for additional USB Ports
- Advanced Driver mode uses FPT (Fast Processing Technology) to ensure low-latency, even with three UM-3G interfaces daisy-chained together
- Up to 3 units can be rack mounted via Roland RAF-70 kit, available separately
- Out or Thru selectable switches built-in; select between MIDI Out and MIDI Thru for each output port
Cakewalk's cable-based interface products are now shipping and available through Cakewalk, Roland, and Edirol distribution partners and select retailers worldwide. Local prices may vary, please check with your local Roland or Edirol distributor.
For localized pricing and availability visit:
- Cakewalk (The Americas except Brazil and Canada)
- Edirol Europe (United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, Austria)
- Roland Australia
- Roland Brazil
- Roland Canada
- Roland Central Europe (Belgium, France, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Roland East Europe
- Roland Switzerland
- Roland Iberia (Portugal, Spain)
- Roland Scandinavia (Denmark, Norway, Finland, Sweden, Russia, and Iceland)
For a complete list of distributors worldwide visit: http://www.cakewalk.com/Dealers/International.asp.
About Cakewalk, Inc.
Cakewalk, Inc. is the world's leading developer of powerful, yet easy to use products for music creation and recording:
Millions of musicians around the world choose Cakewalk products to produce audio for the professional music, film, broadcast, and video game industries. These customers include Grammy® and Emmy®-winning producers, composers, sound designers and engineers. We invite you to learn more about our company and products by visiting www.cakewalk.com
Cakewalk is a registered trademark and the Cakewalk logo and SONARare trademarks of Cakewalk, Inc. Other trademarks mentioned are held by their respective owners. All specifications and appearances are subject to change without notice.