In some situations the SONAR X1 Web Trial may not properly install your Metronome audio files properly, resulting in silent audio metronome playback. Additionally, no sounds will be listed under the "First Beat" and "Other Beat" settings found under Edit > Preferences > Project - Metronome.
This can be resolved manually by taking the following steps:
- Download the folder linked below titled "SONAR_X1_Trial_Metronome_Fix.zip" to your desktop
- Right-click on the downloaded folder and select "Extract All". This will create an unzipped "SONAR_X1_Trial_Metronome_Fix" folder with .wav files contained within
- On your keyboard, hold down the "Windows" key and press "R". This will open the Run Prompt
- In the Run Prompt, type the following: %appdata%\Cakewalk\SONAR X1 Producer Trial
- Click [OK]. This will open the SONAR X1 Producer Trial folder. Contained within you should see a "Metronome" folder. This folder is most likely empty inside.
- Replace the contents of the unzipped "SONAR_X1_Trial_Metronome_Fix" folder in the location above with the one you extract in Step 2. This should copy over the .wav files for your Metronome sounds.
At this point, the "First Beat" and "Other Beats" pull down options should have listings for the Audio Metronome and it should generate audio.
Download the SONAR_X1_Trial_Metronome_Fix.zip folder (Approx. 531 KB)