- Open Music Creator 6 Touch
- Go to Edit > Preferences > Audio - Devices
- If you are using an audio interface select the "ASIO" driver mode if it has not already been selected.
- If you are using a generic on-board Realtek Sound Card or Generic Windows Compliant USB Microphone/Guitar Cable select the "MME (32bit)" driver mode.
NOTE: Make sure that you have installed the latest drivers for your interface. You can find these downloads anywhere on the manufacturer's Technical Support, Downloads, or Knowledge Base web pages.
- Next, set the Playback Device to the main outputs of your audio interface. Typically audio interfaces will label these as “(Device Name) Main” or “Outputs 1-2”.
- If you are using a generic on-board Realtek sound card or USB Microphone then select “Speakers”.
- Afterwards, set the Recording Device to the inputs you have your microphone or guitar cable plugged into. Typically this is labelled as “(Name of device) 1-2”. Select [Apply] once you are finished and close the Preferences window.
To Record Audio from your Audio Device:
- Next, go to File > New, select the “--Normal--” template, name your project, and then select [OK]
- Select the first Audio Track and scroll to the bottom of the Inspector View.
- Go to the "IN / OUT" section underneath the vertical fader.
- The top drop down menu below "IN / OUT" is the input for the for this track.
- Select this and set the audio track to “Input 1” or “Left (Device Name) 1-2”.
- Select the bottom drop down menu for your outputs and make sure that this is set to “Mains” or “Master”.
- Lastly, enable the Record Enable and Input Echo buttons on the inserted audio track and select the “R” button on your computer keyboard. This will begin recording.